New Pattern: Jupon

There's a new pattern out. I say new but for me, this is one of my oldest patterns, that I have used many times and I thought it was about time I shared it for you all to try.

seafoam speckled handknit socks with allover slipped stitch pattern modelled on feet

I don't know about you but I love the smooshy, slipped stitch heel on a sock. Covering the whole sock in this pattern, creates extra thickness and just feels so warm and cosy. The pattern is easier to work in the round than on the heel flap, so it's quite a relaxing knit to work too.

I don't know about you but I love the smooshy, slipped stitch heel on a sock. It creates extra thickness and just feels so warm and cosy.

Jupon are worked from the top down and the name, Jupon, is derived from the slipped stitches used in the sock. Jupon is a type of slip (petticoat).

seafoam handnit socks with allover slipped stitch pattern laid flat with dried grass

As you can see from the collage below, I've worked this pattern a few times using different types of yarn. It seems to work well with all types of yarn dyeing - plain, semi-solid, speckles, self-striping, variegated.

collage of different jupon socks in different yarns

The slipped stitch pattern covers most of the sock even down to the tips of the toes.

close up of seafoam sock toes with allover slipped stitch pattern

Use the introductory discount code JUPON for a 15% discount until midnight GMT Sunday 28 March 2021. This will work for both Ravelry and Payhip.

Newsletter subscribers get an exclusive (higher) discount, so if you're interested in hearing about new releases and getting this discount then please sign up to the newsletter.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Substituting Yarn in a Project

Photo Tutorial: How to Back a Knitted Blanket

Photo & Video Tutorial: Magic Loop Cast-On