AGY 1st Birthday

It was the first birthday party of my lovely little woolly haven, A Good Yarn, Cleethorpes. Everyone had joined in to make a few surprises for Kate. There was a lovely window display, as well as a knitted party buffet.


Julie's Blancmange
Michele's Jelly Rabbit
My contribution was to make the pattern for the bunting - as well as knitting the Happy part; plus I made a knitted cover for the champagne bottle. Julie was the one that got us all organised and pulled it together - she did a great job. There was also a journal that we'd all contributed to.

Dawn's Birthday Cake & My Champagne Cover
On the day, there were some mini workshops organised. Kate sorted out the jam pot covers and flowers and I designed the patterns for the mug cosies. So everyone got to pick a kit and we spent the day knitting.


Mug Cosy Kits - I was a bit slow to take a photo (there were a lot more at the start!)

At every hour, there was a special offer on in the shop - with caused much sales frenzy. Julie and Kate had made some fantastic cakes for us all too.


Everyone could put there name into a prize draw and there were lots of prizes. There was another couple of prizes not shown - a needle roll and project bag by Nicsknots and a voucher for a Birds and Bees Photography shoot, which I happened to win :)


 There was a big turnout and it was a really fantastic day.

Here are few links to other blogs about the birthday party - A Good Yarn & Faded Reverie

I'm hoping to write up the bunting pattern soon and I'll put it on Ravelry.

Comments

  1. Lovely blog and i love the knitted "jelly" and the knitted "rabbit jelly" and the ..... oh heck I love it all hope you have loads more "Happy Birthdays" xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, you, on winning the photoshoot! I won a big nothing but I didn't mind cos it was such a great day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and looks like you had a really lovely day. Heard it was fab - just wish I'd been ther :-(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Substituting Yarn in a Project

Photo Tutorial: How to Back a Knitted Blanket

Photo & Video Tutorial: Magic Loop Cast-On