Day Seven: The Year Ahead

"One year from now, when the 5th Knitting & Crochet Blog Week rolls around, where do you hope your crafting will have taken you to? What new skills, projects and experiences do you hope you might have conquered or tried?"




On a whole, I've done a good majority of the different knitting styles out there. The one I've been meaning to do for a long time is to try Double Knitting. I've skirted around the technique, such as knitting two socks at a time (one inside the other) which is the same way of knitting but you keep one yarn to the front and one at the back at all times (instead of swapping the colours) and I've done brioche knitting too.

I've got two Zauberballs sat waiting in anticipation and that's something I'd like to do sooner rather than later.

The other technique I would like to try is on the crochet side. I'd like to cover a piece of furniture in crochet motifs. I have a footstool that was my Grandad's that's looking a bit tired, I covered it in fabric awhile ago but it needs re-doing. I thought crochet would lend itself well. For an idea of what I mean, try these searches on Ravelry, stools or chairs. This one in particular was what got me interested in the idea.

I'm not sure whether either of these will happen in the next year, but I do want to try them at some point.

This is the first time I've done Knitting and Crochet Blog Week and it's been a lot of fun. I hope I have time next year to participate.


Comments

  1. You need to come to Cover With Crochet at www.westcliffe-knitting.co.uk with me then x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would if I could :) Kind of hoping she'd come to AGY and do a workshop there on it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Substituting Yarn in a Project

Photo Tutorial: How to Back a Knitted Blanket

Photo & Video Tutorial: Magic Loop Cast-On