Plumes

A friend of mine bought some Sirdar Escape Chunky and a pattern to go with it, but never got around to making it….so I’ve made it for her instead.

P1100172 (1)

Unfortunately, the yarn is discontinued but it has lovely colour changes. The stripes work particularly well because the garment is worked side to side.

The only modification was to leave the bottom ribbing until the end and then work in the round (instead of flat). That way I could use up as much yarn as possible. It’s a lot longer than it should be but I made the executive decision to stop because it was going to end up being a foot long.

I started another project, too. Eeek… I was extremely tempted by seeing some very beautiful examples of cardigans in Bergere de France Plume. I’ve worked in it before and it’s beautifully soft handle. It’s a combination of wool, nylon and acrylic; and the finished fabric is soft, draping and fluffy.

I had a good look around for something to knit in it and came up with a Drops cardigan that would match up with the gauge. So a jumper’s worth of yarn came home with me from A Good Yarn.

photo

I finished the back last night and it’s a very quick knit, so watch this space. 

The other temptation at the moment is Rowan’s Pure Wool Worsted which is in stock at the moment at A Good Yarn. I predict some of that coming home with me shortly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Substituting Yarn in a Project

Photo Tutorial: How to Back a Knitted Blanket

Photo & Video Tutorial: Magic Loop Cast-On