Antipodes

PA295543

I have a new favourite shawl. The pattern is Antipodes by Libby Jonson aka Truly Myrtle. Ravelry project page. Libby has some really lovely patterns – I really like her style and all the patterns all seem very wearable to me. Check them out

PA295547

The pattern was a pleasure to knit from start to finish. It’s worked from point to point, so you just increase until just under half of your yarn has been used then decrease to the point. It’s great for getting the most out of one skein of 4 ply.

PA295515

I used Titus 4 ply in Harvest Gold by Eden Cottage Yarns. Looking at my past blog posts, I bought it at Woolfest all the way back in 2012. I’d been saving it for just the right project. I’m very happy I used it for this and the colour is just so rich.

PA295523

The skein I used was quite generous at 110g, so I was able to work 29 repeats of the main part of the pattern.

PA295526

I really love this and have been wearing it lots.

PA295533PA295536

PA295528

Comments

  1. I can see why this is your new favourite, what a gorgeous shawl! And the construction sounds very appealing to use up all yarn in a skein, I'll keep this one in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Substituting Yarn in a Project

Photo Tutorial: How to Back a Knitted Blanket

Photo & Video Tutorial: Magic Loop Cast-On