Temari

One of the other crafts I do is make Temari balls. I was taught by a friend of mine who lived part of the year in Cyprus (from what I understand it is a popular craft there).
Temarikai is a helpful site for anyone who is interested.

They are stitched balls and are a traditional Japanese craft. I start with a ball of wool and wind some sewing thread of whatever colour I want the background to be. Then mark out the sections and stitch the pattern. Here are a few photos of temari balls I have made.

Comments

  1. Your temari are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Callunal-ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rainbow one and the pastel chrysanthemum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. Wish I had taken photos of the ones I gave away. These are all my early attempts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Substituting Yarn in a Project

Photo Tutorial: How to Back a Knitted Blanket

Photo & Video Tutorial: Magic Loop Cast-On