Myrtle Leaf Lace Shawl

Finished the shawl and I am so pleased with it. The Heirloom Merino Lace blocked beautifully and the shawl actually feels like air; and it's so soft.

I have plenty of time to spare before my sister-in-law's birthday too. It was quite and easy knit too though slightly problematic when I dropped a stitch as the lace pattern is on both the right side and the wrong side of the knitting which made it tricky to pick up lost stitches. The border was a lot easier to do than I thought it would be.

Loved the wool so much I think I'll make something else. Heirloom Knitting seem to have introduced a few more colours this week in their range. I was thinking of buying the violet and making the South Seas Stole by Laura Patterson. The pattern seems to change throughout so thought it could be a quite interesting make.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Substituting Yarn in a Project

Photo Tutorial: How to Back a Knitted Blanket

Photo & Video Tutorial: Magic Loop Cast-On