Entrelac Progess

My husband bought me Scarf Style by Pam Allen for my birthday. Really loved the Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole but the yarn suggested would end up costing me and absolute fortune. For it to work well it really needed to change colour throughout; Noro was an obvious choice but again it would end up being very expensive. I noticed a few people on Ravelry used James C. Brett Marble and they looked really pretty. I found the Marble in my local haberdashery store and for 6 100g balls it was only £9 which is approximately $13.

My first attempt at entrelac has turned out to be very enjoyable. It is really easy to do; all you need to know is how to knit, purl, pick up stitches and in the odd triangles at the edges know simple increases and decreases. It is really satisfying to see the woven effect grow. Quite a few people on Ravelry seem to have missed the knotted fringe off but to me it looks a lot more elegant with it. The photo is of my progress so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Substituting Yarn in a Project

Photo Tutorial: How to Back a Knitted Blanket

Photo & Video Tutorial: Magic Loop Cast-On