Noro Swallowtail

Made my first triangular shawl - using the Swallowtail pattern by Evelyn Clark; the pattern can be found here. I bought a skein of Noro Kureyon Sock from Tricot in Scunthorpe.

Originally I was going to make a pair of socks; then realised it was hand wash only, which would have meant the socks would not have been worn very much. So I thought I'd make something that would show off the colours better, it was a choice between the Swiss Cheese scarf and Swallowtail shawl.

The Swallowtail seemed to be more interesting to make. Was really quick and didn't realise until I started to knit how a triangular shawl is made; for some reason I had assumed you start at the pointy end!

Anyway about a week later; voila my very own Swallowtail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Substituting Yarn in a Project

Photo Tutorial: How to Back a Knitted Blanket

Photo & Video Tutorial: Magic Loop Cast-On